Sunday, May 12, 2013

I have been invited to study at Princeton!!






So much has been going on since I last graced this blog with a post. I have moved to a new home and have been head first into studying and developing new Lady Terror work. Part of this development has centered around:

Liberation Theology

Creative Empowerment

Manifesting

Prayer as Ritual

Community Development

Dreaming

I applied to be a part of the first Black Theology and Leadership Institute at Princeton Theological Seminary recently. A couple days ago I received the news that I was chosen to attend. Woooohoooo! I am overjoyed that my Lady Terror Spectacles and Performance will have the opportunity to be grounded in the concept of Liberation Theology. I am currently fundraising to help fund my trip and manifesting that the entire campaign will be funded.

Please take a look around and share it with friends. Any amount goes a long way towards getting me to New Jersey to learn from the top thinkers in the country. Click here to visit the campaign page: Help Send Lady Terror to Princeton Campaign

Keep pushing and THANK YOU in advance!





No comments:

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.