Thursday, May 20, 2010

Black Liberation Theology is cool!!

I am currently reading and writing an article on black liberation theology. I am so overwhelmed with wonderful information that it has been a pleasure researching, reading and looking through my daddy's old religious study books. While I am organizing, I wanted to share my some quick thoughts on how I relate theology to my performance art:

SOCIAL JUSTICE
SOAPBOX PREACHERS
PRAYER AS A TOOL TO HEAL COMMUNITY VIOLENCE
ANTI-POVERTY
HOW RELIGION AIDS IN HEALING GRIEF
PRAYER AS MEDITATION
COMMUNION

More to come...

No comments:

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.