Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Inspiration

I am so inspired to continue the mission of Lady Terror whenever I share my work with others. Last night, I spoke to a "Reviewing the Arts" class at Columbia College Chicago. The students asked great questions about the implications of the work on a global level, volunteered to help do a huge yoga stunt and seemed interested in the mission. With my move to Atlanta coming soon I am energized to explore a new region of the country and spread the ranting and education for others to feel empowered for change.

No comments:

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.