Thursday, January 19, 2012

Do what you love. I love Glitter!

I think the Gemini in me makes me flickle and flighty or the full and new moons have been making me to go off into dreamland. I have just been all over the place mentally thus why I haven't been blogging much. I will do betta. I promise.
Anyhoo, I have been pushing along with TerrorChic Designs. I am at the stage where I just love creating so I have just been focusing on creating new stuff when I am inspired. For all the folks who are creative entrepeneurs it can be a fine line from doing what you love and creating things strictly to sell to others. I really, really want the notecards and decoupage art to sell to everyone for a few reasons:

- I think that everyone deserves and should receive a handwritten note on a piece of art that is made slowly and deliberatley with human hands.

-It is nothing sweeter than seeing glitter on anything. I wish I could glitter my entire body. Glitter is joy.

-Handmade is better than factory produced cards that you buy at your local store.

-I LOVEEEEE making them. They bring me happiness and I still believe in the saying, "Do what you love and the money will come."

Since my last post, I made my big sister a decoupage candle jar for her 40th birthday. I didn't get a photo of it before I shipped it to Chicago but will have her take one and share later. I also sold a card, and made two more inspired by Etta James and Erykah Badu. Check them out:



I have also been sending Happy New Year cards to friends and family. I love surprising them!
In a few weeks I will be attending a Rubber Stamp and Paper Arts Festival - woo hooo! I snagged a free weekend pass as part of a crafters Meetup group I am a member of. They have a class on wet embossing and I am super hyped to take it and learn some new techniques. In the meantime, I will be sending out more surprise handwritten cards.

When was the last time you received a handwritten letter or card?

1 comment:

Desiree @ Mano y Metal said...

omg these are so gorgeous! Love the glitter! :D I am such a fan of sparkly :)

xoxo!

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.