Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Art Obsessions

I am a self taught artist. I studied Public Health and Sociology in undergrad. I completed 1 year of a MFA in Poetry then left because of lack of finances and the need to just experiment and write. I have always created art because it came natural to me as a young girl and later in life it became a necessity for me. Writing and creating saved my sanity many times. I adore those who are self taught and create because its a part of them, and if they didn't something would feel missing inside. These are the artists that inspire me and cause me to spend hours on YouTube researching. My newest obsession is a Storyboard P, a dancer from Brooklyn that has created his own style of dance called Mutant. With his b-boy foundation he experiments with boundaries and I love how he interprets words. I wanted to share some of his vids so you could also live!




                                                Who are your ART obsessions and inspirations?

2 comments:

Guillermo said...

Thank you, Lady Terror, for turning me on to Storyboard P! :)

Tricia Hersey said...

He is the truth. I am manifesting a collaboration with him.

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.