Monday, January 7, 2013

I AM

I Am ART Hustler

I AM ARTist Entrepreneur

I am still Lady Terror (a kinder, gentler Lady Terror but still pissed at poverty)

I AM a Do it Yourself advocate 

Empowered by GOD (Liberation Theology gets me jazzed)

I AM Bout that Artist Life

I like contracts when you book me for a show

Folks still talking bout the Lady Terror Experience they had

I Ain't scared of much.

I tear down stages. The  STREETS are my Stage

I have a reason for my ART

Bring me to your university departments as an guest artist or to create a community art project 

My one woman shows have HIP HOP, poetry, crowd participation, ranting and a bullhorn

I AM ART

Now booking for 2013! Email me ladyterroreducation@gmail.com

 
The video so nice, I had to post it twice!
 

No comments:

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.