Monday, September 19, 2011

dope alert Mondays.

i am a pop culture and information junkie. some friends have re-named me the "hook up girl" because I usually know the best places to eat, to get drinks, best thrift stores, coolest places for parties and the most amazing spots for earrings, which are my obsession. I am totally obsessed with all things jewelry, so I wanted to introduce my weekly post "DOPE ALERT MONDAYS" by putting you guys up on
ManoyMetal

the jewelry is handmade with an industrial edge and many of the pieces make text the centerpiece. as a writer, I love words and the power they hold in written form. the creator is also a fellow chicago girl - south side!!! her jewerly is handcrafted with love and very unique. I recently purchased a beautiful necklace from her for my mama that paid homage to the love she shared with my daddy for over 35 years. it came so quick and wrapped lovely. my mama loved it and so will you. check her out and get something custom made for yourself.

No comments:

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.