Monday, September 19, 2011

Hire Me! Dont be alarmed by the Terror in my name.

I am excited to present my new business. I have been a natural entrepeneur since I was a little girl. I can remember selling bologna sandwiches and candy to kids in the neighborhood on the front steps of my childhood home. I also remeber having a lemonade stand on the sidewalk in front of my house at around the age of 10. Even then I was improvising and sold kool aid since my mama didn't have any lemons.

My passion is words and empowering others to reach their fullest potential. I have over 15 years experience as a teaching artist, workshop leader and performance artist. What does all this mean exactly? Well, basically I have spent thousands of hours creating poetry workshops for children, young people and adults. I have created original curriculum and crafted projects in public schools that have given young people the opportunity to find their voice and write their way into themselves. I have created Aftserchool Arts camps by booking the talent, writing the curriculum, training the artists and teaching. I have wrote my own One Woman Show that has been performed on stages from Chicago to Atlanta and street corners in between. I have been a guest artist sharing my love of theater and social justice in top colleges in Chicago. I am a published author. My work appears in a fabulous book about teaching art to young people. Check it out here: Aimprint

I know how to connect with individuals. I know how to write. I know how to empower. I have vision. I am a master organizer. I am creative. I come alive while engaging others in the beauty of voice and discovery.

What I offer:
*Customized writing empowerment workshops for your classroom (grade school to college), faith group, community group, girls get together, book groups or any other gathering of human beings. I can create an amazing workshop on any topic.

*Individual or group writing groups. This is an intensive experience for serious writers or those who want to write creatively but feel like they have a writers block. I have completed many graduate level poetry and creative non fiction writing courses and love revision. I will take that poem you have hidden away and guide you through the process of making it come alive. I can take anyone to the next level when it comes to writing.

*Guest speaker and performer for Black History Month programs, Womens History Month and any other school or group assembly. I have over 15 years experience in public speaking to professional groups and also a trained actress and performer who will make any stage come to life.

Learn more about my lady Terror mission and work here on this blog. You can also follow me on twitter at @HireTricia
Check out my linked in profile too profile
Contact me for questions on rates and schedules at: ladyterroreducation@gmail.com I would be honored to work with you!

1 comment:

Desiree @ Mano y Metal said...

doin it! :D

My mom would bake chocolate cakes, carrots cakes & send us to set up a table and sell it by the slice + homemade lemonade-- which was eally: LIMEanade because we Mexican and don't get down with lemons, BUT *NEED* lime on everything. :)

love ya!
xo.
Des.

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.