Thursday, October 27, 2011

If you create it they will come.


I am excited to share some of my new crafting projects. I am still working away like a busy elf finishing the Jospehine Baker cabinet and the Tina Turner Vision Box. I took a short break from them and spent a day experimenting with the stationary. I have always loved to write handwritten letters and keep a box of greeting cards for quick sending to family. I was still inspired by the amazing Jewel Magazine that I sourced all the photos for the Baker Box. I remember I had this gorgeous dark brown notecard paper so decided to collage images right onto them.
I love the term: "You betta werk." It was made famous by one of my imaginary BFF's RuPaul. I continued to cut images that just spoke to me and had colors that would pop against the dark brown card stock. I love adding layers, embellishments, glitter and shine. I am happy with the four that I was able to create. I will be exploring the art store tomorrow for more paper in classic colors to use for a full collection of cards.

I opened up the etsy store, even though I have nothing listed yet since everything I have made has sold. The store is called TerrorChic and will include the decoupage wooden items, clutch purses, vintage tea pots and the stationary. It has been fun building the collection and brainstorming on the pieces I want to represnt me and my mission as an artist. The journey continues.

What is your creative and artistic outlet?

No comments:

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.