Friday, December 30, 2011

You can catch me at the crafting table

So, I wanted to do a quick post since I am on cloud 9 from my Michaels shopping adventure. I got so many things that I needed to start creating more designs. The things that I am really jazzed about:

1. It was a 70% after Christmas Sale, so all of the holiday stuff was super cheap. The best product I got was a bag of scrapbooking scraps. It includes over 76 pieces that range from leather, burlap, twine, colorful and glittery cardstock. It was regularly $20.00 but after the deep discount I got it for $5.00. Woohoo!

2. I finally replaced my missing glue gun. All Martha Stewart tools are 30% off so I got a nice gun with black and clear glue sticks for $10.00. Yippee!

3. I have been wanting to try Heat Embossing. I was able to get a top of the line Heat Gun that was originally $25.00 for only $12.00 becuase I had a 50% off on one item coupon. I also got some glittery red embossing powder and already experimented with the process. I love It and will probably be up all night with it.

4. New high quality paintbrushes. I have been using these cheap dollar store paint brushes. I love the dollar store but the brushes fall apart after a few uses and leaves traces of fiber in the sealant I use on the cards. Its not cute. So excited to test these bad boys out.

5. Embellishments. I got the cutest silver and glittery pieces to add to the work. They also were on sale and I got one pack for only 44 cents. Score!

The haul!

I already started decoupaged the cover of a mini composition notebook. These are cute little journals that will be great for purses. A Miles Davis under a Glittery rainbow inspired one is drying right now. I promise to show all the new stuff I make with this haul. I don't even know where to start. Its so many goodies.

Have you been to any after Christmas Sales?

2 comments:

Thriftanista in the City said...

Nice haul!

Tricia Hersey said...

i have already made one card and a journal. its on now.

Artist Statement

I create art for the ones who lost their voice a long time ago. I believe that impromptu spectacles can bring awareness to social justice issues that paralyze our communities. Lady Terror examines the relationship between public space and performance space and also explores ranting as a medium to address social issues and as a tool to empower communities. My art is local and neighborhood specific in its execution but global in its ideas around poverty, injustice and violence.